UC WI is an experiential professional development program offered to mid-career women faculty, academic personnel and staff who demonstrate the potential to advance their careers at UC.
UCSF nominations for the 2019 UC WI Program are due October 12, 2018 at 5 PM via the UCSF 2019 UCWI Nomination Form. Please review the information below before submitting a nomination.
To help women advance in their UC Careers and retain women who have demonstrated potential for advancement
- UC WI is sponsored by Systemwide Advisory Committee on the Status of Women (SACSW) and the UC Office of the President.
- Systemwide Talent Management administers program and coordinates nominations with locations.
- Mid-career, women staff and faculty/academic personnel from campuses, health centers, Agriculture and Natural Resources, and Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, Office of the President, and UCPath Center.
- Women who have demonstrated potential for advancement.
- NOTE: The UC WI program is focused on women's professional development and the target audience is early to mid-career professionals; this is a different program from the UC-CORO Systemwide Leadership Collaborative and the UCSF-CORO Faculty Leadership Collaborative.
- Program fee of $1925 per participant
- Six regional cohorts (three North and three South), accommodating 180 participants
- Co-facilitated by Coro Northern California and UC WI Graduates
- Regional North and South final capstone events
- Build strategic relationships
- Actively communicate their value to the organization
- Advocate for their own needs in the workplace
- Demonstrate their value to the organization by coaching others
- Increase awareness of diverse UC career paths
- 2019 Nomination and Selection Process: September – October 2018
- 2019 UC WI Program Dates by Cohort:
- Cohort 1: January – March 2019
- Cohort 2: April – June 2019
- Cohort 3: September – November 2019
- See detailed cohort schedules
- Nomination Submissions Due: October 12, 2018 at 5 PM
- Participants and alternates will be selected for all 2019 cohorts
- Please see the UCSF nomination process/instructions and complete the UCSF 2019 UCWI Nomination Form by October 12, 2018 at 5 PM. Nominations submitted via UCOP's UCWI form will not be considered.
- Contact [email protected] with any questions.
September 12 – October 12, 2018
UCSF Nominations Submitted
October 24, 2018, 5:00 pm
Participant and Alternate Nominations due to UCOP
Week of October 29, 2018
UCSF Nominees Notified of Selection Decisions
- Women in mid-career, who demonstrate the potential to advance in their careers at UC
- Current faculty, academic personnel, and staff
- Represent the diversity at each UC location
- Represent different functions and departments at each location
- Able to commit to the program with full attendance and participation at all sessions
- Able to complete intersession assignments which require up to two hours between seminars
- Have commitment and support of their nominating sponsor and/or manager
- Participate fully and actively in all sessions - The program is experiential and relies heavily on full participant contribution
- Attend all sessions - Locations will not be refunded for participants who are unable to complete the program
- Complete Pre-Work and Pre-Program Survey before the first day of their assigned cohort
- Complete up to 2 hours of additional work assigned between program sessions
- $1925 participant fee covers all program materials and facilitation fees
- The participant's UC location is responsible for covering all travel related costs