The program aims to provide participants opportunities to build strategic relationships, actively communicate their value to the organization, advocate for their own needs in the workplace, coach others to demonstrate their value to the organization and increase awareness of diverse UC career paths. Employees from across the UC system are invited to apply annually to join a cohort with 4 days of sessions, assignments, access to an online networking platform and professional coaching.
- Who: The program is offered to mid-career woman-identified professionals and those who support them, including faculty, academic personnel and staff who have demonstrated potential to advance their careers at UC.
UCSF has been allocated 18 spaces for the academic/fiscal year. Alternates from the prior year's program will be offered spaces first.
- Applications: are now closed for the 2022-2023 program. Applicants will be informed of their acceptance status by April 22nd.
The application asks for:
- Supervisor approval for program time and funding.
- Department chartstring(s) for the $1250 per-participant cost.
- Why is this the right time for you to participate in UC WI?
- What experiences as a woman-identified professional or as someone who supports women-identified professionals have influenced your career?
- What other development programs have you attended in the past 1-2 years?
- What do you hope to get out of this program?
- How the UC WI program will support the nominee's professional career development and how the nominee will contribute as a cohort member.
- Specific examples showing why the nominee is a good candidate for the program, including key accomplishments.
- How the nominee's participation will support broader departmental or organizational goals.
Cost & Location
- The $1250 per-participant fee covers program delivery, resources, tools and support. Department chartstring(s) is requested in the application to cover this fee.
- The program will be offered virtually through June 2023, due to the systemwide COVID-19 response and ongoing remote work requirements.
Each cohort is made up of 4 virtual sessions, plus up to 2 hours of additional work assigned between sessions. The schedule coincides with UC’s academic/fiscal calendar:
- Cohort 1: September to November, 2022
- Cohort 2: January to March, 2023
- Cohort 3: April to June, 2023
Participants must fully attend all sessions, as well as complete pre-work and a pre-program survey before the first day of their assigned cohort.
Sponsored by the President's Office and the Systemwide Advisory Committee on the Status of Women (SACSW)
Offered by Systemwide Human Resources in partnership with Coro Northern California and SACSW
Questions? Contact [email protected]