Explores how to improve your professional skills and knowledge as an individual contributor (note: managers/supervisors would better benefit from Leadership Development Series).
The 5-week course is a blended format, using an instructor-facilitated 3-hour virtual session (practical activities to apply the content to your specific situation) and an asynchronous resource (digital content that you review on your own at approximately 20 minutes in length) each week on the following topics:
- Getting Started: before diving into the workshops, review your Clifton Strengths Insight Guide Report, take an introductory coaching session, and participate in an optional 360 Degree Feedback Evaluation.
- What Makes Me Successful: an overview of the UCSF competency model, the value of CliftonStrengths, and how these strengths support the UCSF True North Pillars.
- Working as One Team: explores how assumptions affect our interpretations and how empathic communication can help build relationships in routine work situations as well as during times of conflict.
- Keeping Commitments in Times of Change: reviews why change happens and what you can do to manage the impact to your commitments.
- Learning Deeper and Broader: demonstrates the value of feedback and helps you implement a plan to build and maintain your continued learning journey.
- Taking Care of Self: explores the elements of wellbeing and how to build healthy practices that support your resilience.
Cost: There is no fee to attend. Late cancellations and no-shows will incur a $75 fee. Each participant is responsible for cancelling their own registration before the cancellation deadline (5 days before).
Location: Virtual (Zoom)
Next offering dates: February 10, February 17, February 24, March 3, and March 10 at 9:10am - 12pm.
Register in the UC Learning Center (MyAccess login required)