This ((Virtual)) workshop is for users who are new to Microsoft Excel, or who have used Excel but only minimally, and would like to get a thorough understanding of Excel’s capabilities to help them leverage it more effectively in their work environment. The session includes presentations and hands-on exercises intended to give users the opportunity to practice the concepts and techniques that are discussed and ask questions. Users are encouraged to bring their own spreadsheets if they have existing spreadsheets that they would like to work on or ask questions about.
Key topics covered:
- Walkthrough of Excel fundamentals: Overview of workbooks, worksheets, cells, ranges, ribbon and tabs, settings, formulas and functions, basic macro recording for automating repetitive tasks.
- Creating worksheets: Entering text and numbers, copying and moving cells, zooming in and out, freezing panes so you can see titles and labels as you move through your data, and splitting windows. Formatting guidelines for readability and consistency.
- Working with formulas and functions: Overview of functions and formulas, using absolute and relative cell references. Calculating sums, averages, and percentages. Using the built-in functions.
- Working with lists and charts: Creating lists/tables, creating charts easily, formatting and adjusting charts.
- Printing Options: Adding headers, footers and page numbers to a worksheet. Adding manual page breaks.
Cost: Each participant is responsible for canceling their own registration before the cancellation deadline. Not doing so will result in a $35 cancellation fee. This applies to both late cancelation and no show.
Location: Given the current environment we are converting to virtual sessions. Participants will receive an email with a zoom meeting invite 2 business days before the session.
Time: 8:30am - 12pm.
Registration: Click here to register.
Flyer: Click here for flyer.