In this ((Virtual)) workshop you will learn the most powerful capabilities of Excel PivotTables and how they can be an invaluable tool in helping you analyze your data and present your findings in compelling ways. If you have been using PivotTables and wondering what more you can do with them, or maybe running into obstacles and wishing you can get around them, this workshop will help you unleash the power of PivotTables and get outstanding results.
This workshop also covers Excel Macros, providing you with an understanding of the VBA scripting language and how Macros can help you add important functionality to your workbooks.
Key topics covered:
- Getting your data ready for PivotTable Reports and Charts including eliminating duplicates, organizing your data efficiently, and defining proper relationships between data sets.
- Using custom functions to perform more advanced analysis and comparisons such as counts, statistical functions, % of row, % of column, and many more.
- Filtering your report to display subsets of the data and reveal hidden insights about your customers, product lines, and other subsets of data sets.
- Formatting reports, sorting them automatically, manually, or based on pre-determined sort orders, as well as grouping them based on user-defined groups that reflect your business environment.
- Adding formulas to your PivotTables and Charts so they include the calculations and ratios that are specific to your needs.
- Incorporate your PivotTables reports and Charts into Word documents and linking them so they stay up-to-date.
- Writing Macros and accessing the properties, methods, and events of Excel Objects such as workbooks, worksheets, and ranges, in order to add more significant functionally.
- Using Macros to respond to user events and therefore making your workbooks more user friendly and better addressing the specific needs of your users.
Location: Given the current environment we are converting to virtual sessions. Participants will receive an email with a zoom meeting invite 2 business days before the session.
Cost: Each participant is responsible for canceling their own registration before the cancelation deadline. Not doing so will result in a $35 cancellation fee. This applies to both late cancelation and no show.
Time: 8:30am - 12pm.
Registration: Click here to register.
Flyer: Click here for flyer.