This ((Virtual)) refreshed version of Empowering Others In Action (formally known as Leading the Frontline) is a 5-module series offered in a blended format of online content and facilitated 3-hour events. The program is designed for emerging leaders, new supervisors, and program/project managers who have direct responsibility for the work of others. The program covers self-awareness, communication, team performance, coaching others, and building your resiliency. By the end of this series, participants will be able to implement leadership practices that engage and support a team towards success.
- Getting to Know You as a Leader: Self-awareness helps leaders gain the trust of their team and also increases their own credibility. By the end of this module, the participant will learn about their strengths, areas of development and implicit biases as a leader and identify next steps to develop their leadership practice.
- Partnering with Your Team: This module examines the value of engaging a diverse team and influencing others towards collaborative work. By the end of this module, the participant will know more about empathic communication skills and behaviors that foster belonging and identify ways to prepare for future conversations.
- Excelling at What We Do: This module reviews the key elements of work performance and how to support the team in delivering their best effort. By the end of this module, the participant will know more about the skills and behaviors needed in managing performance and develop a plan for checking performance regularly.
- Bringing Out the Best in Others: This module examines the leader's role as coach and how to support the team in delivering their best performance. By the end of this module, the participant will know how to coach others in work performance and create a plan for developing others on the team.
- Building Leader Resiliency: This module explores the recovery period of the performance cycle and techniques and approaches to ensure the leader can re-energize. By the end of this module, the participant will know techniques for building and maintaining resilience and identifying the next steps to get started.
Location: Given the current environment we are converting to virtual sessions. Participants will receive an email with a zoom meeting invite 2 business days before the session.
Next offering dates: January 13, January 27, February 10, February 24, and March 10.
Time: 9am - 12pm
Registration: Click here to register.
Flyer: Click here for flyer.