Striving for Your Best is a 5-course series that explores how to improve your professional skills and knowledge as an individual contributor (note: managers/supervisors would better benefit from Leadership Development Series).
The series includes the Clifton Strengths Insight Guide Report, as well as an introductory coaching session. The 5-week course is a blended format, using an asynchronous resource (digital content that you review on your own at approximately 20 minutes in length) and a facilitated 3-hour virtual session (practical activities to apply the content to your specific situation) each week on the following topics:
- What Makes Me Successful: an overview of the UCSF competency model, the value of CliftonStrengths, and how these strengths support the UCSF True North Pillars. Prerequisite: CliftonStrengths Insight Guide Report (assessment included in the series).
- Working as One Team: explores how assumptions affect our interpretations and how empathic communication can help build relationships in routine work situations as well as during times of conflict.
- Keeping Commitments in Times of Change: reviews why change happens and what you can do to manage the impact to your commitments.
- Learning Deeper and Broader: demonstrates the value of feedback and helps you implement a plan to build and maintain your continued learning journey.
- Taking Care of Self: explores the elements of wellbeing and how to build healthy practices that support your resilience.
The behaviors that support the UC core competencies addressed in the series include:
• Achieving results: Seeking new ideas, feedback, and input to improve work
• Building relationships: Listening and communicating in partnership with others
• Creating the future: Trying new approaches to reach the goal
Cost: There is no fee to attend. Each participant is responsible for cancelling their own registration before the registration deadline date. Not doing so will result in a $75 fee. This applies to both late cancellations and no shows.
Location: Given the current environment all sessions are virtual. Participants will receive an email with a zoom meeting invite 2 business days before the session.
Next offering dates: July 19, July 26, August 2, August 9 and August 16 at 9:10am - 12pm.
Registration: Click here to register.
Flyer: Click here for flyer.